Thursday, October 31, 2019




Kia Ora Mai I te Maara.

"Today we picked some of the silver beet from our garden. I don't really eat silver beet at home. Whaea Jaime said that we are going to be making a really yummy dish with it. I don't think that I will like it"- Haylin Ngawati.

"It has been so long waiting for our veggies to grow in the garden. I was so excited that we were going to be eating our first meal out of it. I could smell the onions. They were so strong. The can of corned beef smelt like pet food. I got to taste the coconut cream. It was so nice" - Aubree Cook.

"Yum that smells so nice" - Shynshala.

"Oh my God! It tastes was better then I thought. It does look kind of ugly" - Skylah Rose.

With the Silver beet that we picked from our Maara, the class got to experience making Palusami. It is a Samoan dish that traditionally uses taro leaves and coconut milk with your own choice of meat.
Most of the class had already told me that they didn't like silver beet and that they didn't think it would taste very nice.
Well, well, well. What do you know? They actually loved it.
One of the many lessons that room 17 will have is experiencing that there are many different and very yummy ways to cook veggies so that you will enjoy eating them.

Kai Ora.


No comments:

Post a Comment